Saturday, September 5, 2009

Bargain Hunter

Today I went shopping to pick up the Father's Day gift for my dad. I also picked something up for my boyfriend's father, as he had to go into work today and wouldn't have a chance to get anything before tomorrow. I got the presents and realised that I needed wrapping paper so I ducked into the $2 shop just up the road from our place as it's always cheap and has a great range of papers.

I found some great wrapping paper - a plain blue and a stripy blue. I also had a look around the rest of the store while I was in there. I found these really cute citronella candles in holders for just $3 each which will look great on our patio when we finally get an outdoor setting.


Citronella candles in holders


I also came across these rattan balls in packs of 15 for just $7 (I've seen similar p
acks for upwards of $30), which I have been wanting for some time to put in an empty fish bowl (we have enough fish and I hate seeing the empty bowl just sitting there).


The decorator balls

There is a Trade Secret store in the same complex as the $2 shop and when I had finished there I decided to take a quick look around in Trade Secret as well as I usually find some good stuff in there. I wasn't disapointed.

I have been looking for red clutch for a while and while browsing today I came across the perfect one. Originally $60, it had been marked down to $24.95 and then marked down further to a grand total of $4.86. There was no way I could walk past that so I snapped it up immediately. It will go perfectly with this red necklace and I'm planning to use it when I go to my cousin's wedding later this month.


The red clutch and necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment